Ever heard of leaky gut? I am learning more and more about this crazy sounding condition. Leaky gut syndrome is a term that is used to describe an increase in the permeability of the intestines. Leaky gut syndrome is a digestive condition where the intestinal lining allows bacteria and toxins into the bloodstream.
If you’re not feeling so great, maybe that is the root issue for you?
Here are 9 signs you may have Leaky Gut…
1. Digestive issues such as gas, bloating, diarrhea or irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) .
2. Seasonal allergies or asthma .
3. Hormonal imbalances such as PMS or PCOS .
4. Diagnosis of an autoimmune disease such as rheumatoid arthritis, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, lupus, psoriasis, or Myasthenia Gravis .
5. Diagnosis of chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia .
6. Mood and mind issues such as depression, anxiety, ADD or ADHD .
7. Skin issues such as acne, rosacea, or eczema .
8. Diagnosis of candida overgrowth .
9. Food allergies or food intolerances .
How do you heal a leaky gut?
Remove the bad. The goal is to get rid of things that negatively affect the environment of the GI tract, such as inflammatory and toxic foods, and intestinal infections.
Replace the good. Add back the essential ingredients for proper digestion and absorption, such as digestive enzymes, hydrochloric acid and bile acids.
It’s critical to restore beneficial bacteria to reestablish a healthy balance of good bacteria.
It’s essential to provide the nutrients necessary to help the gut repair itself. I am working on this myself with the Plexus Triplex products and I would love to help you too.
DM me or comment here if you’d like more information.