Research shows that the source of many illnesses and conditions is connected to how healthy our gut is, that is the microbiome, the balance of good and bad bacteria in our system. You hear the term everywhere these days.
What is Brain Fog?
Brain fog is a term that is used to describe symptoms including slow or cloudy thinking, difficulty focusing, reduced memory or forgetfulness, and difficulty completing cognitive tasks. Senior moments, mommy brain, all kinds of terms for it out there on social media.
Brain fog has been described or reported in relation to several different chronic health conditions, including:
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Crohn’s disease
- Fibromyalgia (sometimes referred to as “fibro-fog”)
- “Post-COVID syndrome” and other chronic viral infections
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
- Celiac disease and non-celiac gluten sensitivity
The role of gut health in brain fog
There are many scientific explanations for why gut health and our energy levels go together. One key factor is the gut-brain connection. The vagus nerve helps your brain and gut communicate. Poor gut health sends messages to your brain via the vagus nerve that can result in low mood, decreased energy levels, and fatigue.
To combat this, it’s important to restore and replenish the good bacteria in your gut, so they can restore balance and provide beneficial functions that improve health.
Let’s look at the top 6 worst and best foods for your gut.
The 6 Worst Foods for Gut Health
- Refined Sugar (Use stevia or coconut palm sugar instead)
- Factory-Farmed Meat (meat grown where the animals are caged)
- Refined Grains (white flour, white rice, etc.)
- Artificial Sweeteners (aspartame—NutraSweet, Equal) (saccharin-Sweet N Low)
- Too Much Saturated Fat (fats solid at room temp)
- Fried Foods (french fries, deep fried anything)
The Best Best foods for Gut Health
- Yogurt (without sugar)
- Olive oil
Supplements That Can Improve Gut Health and Brain Fog
Even as we remove the bad foods and replace with the healthy alternatives, we still need supplementation. Weed, Seed, and Feed your microbiome with the Plexus Triplex System.
This is a 3-product system that works to help weed, seed, and feed your gut to help get it into balance so you can thrive from the inside out!
- Help reduce unwanted microbes to create space for beneficial microbes to thrive with Bio Cleanse.
- Plant the seeds of better health with ProBio 5’s gut-friendly probiotics.
- Nourish the beneficial microbes with prebiotics found in Slim Microbiome Activating Triplex supplementation is not an overnight fix, but a long-term solution to a gut out of balance.
If this is you, contact me. I can help!